As the latest addition to Toolbox, Building Awesome Whanau is pretty special. Drawing on the wisdom of Maori ways of being, doing and knowing – and bringing them together with the best of Toolbox – we’ve sought to create a resource that reflects this remarkable country of ours, and in doing so, serve all of its people.
Some familiar faces have helped us to create this resource so it’s packed full of great ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and practical ideas to help you. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whanau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build your awesome whanau.
What’s covered in the six sessions?
- Session 1 Laying the foundations. Building your family on aroha.
- Session 2 Parents are the roof! Protecting your whānau.
- Session 3 The walls of the whare. Boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out.
- Session 4 Keeping it sweet. Atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 Cool kōrero! Communication.
- Session 6 Outside the whare. Living in the big wide world.
New course starts Friday morning, 11 May 2018 at Papsda
Six Sessions: 10:00am – 12:30pm
Start Date: 11 May 2018 Finish Date: 22 June 2018
Venue: Papatoetoe Seventh-day Adventist Community Church, 16 Puhinui Road, Papatoetoe
Facilitator: Brigitte Bagg
Cost: $40 per person or $60 per couple. Subsidies available. Please inquire with your registration.
To register: Call (09) 278 7786 or Email email@example.com Registrations close 7 May.